Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Thoughts while traveling in Missouri

Yesterday was fun. Not the traveling part, because the roads were windy and breezy and Brandon had to drive while clenching the wagon wheel sized steering wheel so firmly that he had to take off his wedding ring. I ran interference and tried not to distract him too much.

He talked to me a little (mostly he white knuckled the wheel and kept us on the road and alive)--as he was offering me boots, tattoos and porn from the signs on the sides of the road, I wondered about Missourians. After growing up in Kansas, MO seems a scandalous place. There seems to be a "gentleman's club" on every exit. With porn and other "adult toys" to go with it. What's up with that? Did MO miss the memo that they're in the Bible Belt?? I'm just glad the littlest didn't ask what they were. Glad for distracting technology this time. 

Speaking of distracting technology. 
We are NOT in the adult stores here. We play Candy Crush, because it's addicting. And we have infected all the kids with it. Even the 7 year old plays now-because there's nothing like sharing the joy of finally passing level 29, and the drama of the impossibility of level 63. I even make crowd cheering noises and dance when someone overcomes the bombs and chocolate to pass a particularly rough level.  I'm a better mom that that kid's, because I play alongside mine, right? 

Speaking of my strengths as a mom, my little one sees this at the gas station and remarks, "Mommy, you like wine! You should buy the whole cooler!" I'm the best mom ever. I actually considered it. 
After we arrived, hooked up to utilities and transformed our RV into a home, then was the fun part.  Our friends are here too--a blended family with lots of kids & a dog. It's perfect! A playmate for everyone, even the dogs.

There isn't any cell service where we're at, so the teenagers hang out here. 
It's the one spot where you can swipe Internet from the store and have one bar of service when the wind, sun and moon are perfectly aligned. 

Another oddity:
I won't pay 50 cents for hot water at the shower house. That's dumb. Hot water is free, right??

Today's adventures hold tubing, sunbathing and sitting around. I love camping; the kind where you bring the kitchen sink, all your people, a comfy bed and tons of food and drinks. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment