Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Off we go!

We are headed out on our annual RV vacation. Required supplies: Febreeze, ketchup, enough food to feed an army and plenty of booze. 

As we packed up last night my dh remarked that I don't really do "minimalist." He said it in the nicest way (his default demeanor--one of the reasons I married the gem) and I got to thinking. People tell me regularly that I should blog. Why would you want to know my innermost thoughts? I won't really tell you those, but I'm going to journal the funny bits of our vaca. Because REAL LIFE IS FUNNY. Traveling in a 35 ft RV with 5 kids (3 of whom are teenagers), 2 dogs and all the accompanying supplies is fraught with hilarity. At least it is after the crises are managed. ENJOY!

Our captain. He drives this behemoth all over with us making racket in the back. My role: to run interference and keep the heathens and pets away from him, bring him pop and snacks and navigate. I still think I have the better deal. 
Typical. Napping, snacking, playing with electronics and lounging are their specialties. No wonder they look forward to our trips (for the most part. More on that later.)
The pets. Part footrest, part stink bomb all furry and excited to be with us in our rolling home!

2 comments:

  1. that's really awesome thing of you Val!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. I am already hyperventilating. Such confined quarters! I can't wait to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete